SMTP (Gmail) Motion Alert Settings for Zxtech Onyx NVR/DVR
Tip: Recorder sends email notifications only when motion detection is enabled.
When setting up email/SMTP details, the recorder requires various fields to be filled - most of them can be found in the help section when you login to your mailbox from your web browser.
Configure the Motion Setup Page
You MUST turn off 2 step authentication first if it's turn on. You can skip this if it is off.Click here to turn off Less Secure App
Examples of SMTP settings
- SMTP Server: address of outgoing mail server for your mailbox
- Port: port number on which SMTP server is listening, usually 25, 587 or 465
- Anonymous: select if your mailbox allows anonymous SMTP connections, most popular mailboxes won’t allow it
- User Name: your email address from which the recorder will be sending messages
- User Password: password for the email you provided in "User Name"
- Recipient: email address to which you wish e-mails to be sent
- Sender: email address from which recorder will be sending messages
- Theme: subject for emails that will be send
- Accessories: enable it if you want recorder to attach a snapshot from the camera to your email
- Encryption type: NONE, SSL or TLS depending on your mailbox settings, most common is SSL
Tip: by default if port is 25 you have to select NONE, for port 587 - TLS, for 465 - SSL
- Sender time: time interval in minutes (how often you would like for the recorder to send e-mails)
- Email Enable: select it if you want emails to be sent, deselect if you do not want email notifications